I’ve been a blogger for quite some time but I have recently made the switch from blogger to wordpress. My old blog address is http://jhintze.blogspot.com/ if you ever care to check that out.
My husband and I have been married 9 years as of June 17, 2009. He keeps me sane. He listens to me ramble. He lets me put my cold feet on his legs. He genuinely enjoys my company. I adore him. I really do.
We have two boys who keep our lives interesting. Our oldest son Jackson is 7. He’s thoughtful, forgiving, creative, cautious, brilliant….. Our youngest son Mikey is 2 1/2. He came to us a little differently than most babies. After accepting that we would have no more biological kids, we decided to become foster parents. Mikey came to our house straight from the hospital. We finalized his adoption when he was 15 months old. He is impulsive, fearless, strong-willed, hilarious, and also brilliant. The boys and their lives are the stars of this blog.
When I’m not busy with the responsibilities of being a wife and mom, I’m a photographer. You can check out my stuff at www.jhintze.com. The pictures that I put on this blog are usually just snaps of the boys that I haven’t given a heck of a lot of thought or time to. And I’m pretty sure photographer’s kids hate to be photographed. And even photographers have the right to take snap shots that aren’t “good” enough to hang on a wall somewhere. I am also an affiliated Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep photographer.
Lastly but not the least, we have a somewhat inconsistent faith, adoration, awe, fear of God. He is not inconsistent but we are. We are loved in spite of our many countless imperfections.
10 facts about our family:
1. We have a bad history with cats. They all die or run away. But I still want another cat.
2. We are Christ followers. But we don’t always follow very closely.
3. We have lost four babies due to pregnancy complications.
4. We have one biological and one adopted son.
5. We are homeschoolers as of the Fall of 2009.
6. Our house is small and our mortgage is even smaller.
7. We live in South Texas.
8. We are Mac users.
9. We rarely ever eat broccoli.
10. We have way more writing utensils than any family should.
And that’s us in a nutshell.